Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Greetings from the Camel Free Nation of Canada

Hello Alan,
Happy birthday! In my limited time with you, I learned that you are extremely accident prone, and therefore the fact that you reached this milestone is really quite astronomical...well done!

From reading these entries it sounds as though you have had a truly incredible 50 years, seen and done a lot (although likely remember a lot less), and are surrounded by some pretty awesome people.

Other than getting me lost in many a field (and leaving me there, which I'm still hostile about FYI), I best remember you as an incredibly kind man. On our drives to Morven (at least I think that's where we went, but I'm not so good with directions) we had many interesting one-on-one conversations about life. I was shocked by how willing you were to share stories of your past, your feelings about anything & everything, and your hopes for how your boys would turn out. You do a great job of putting on a gruff exterior, but for me it's that sensitive side that sure sticks out. You had a uniquely positive spin on any situation, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Anyhow, my short few months in Hewitt-ville left me with many memories, thanks largely in part to you. I hope you have a fantastic birthday, remember how well Tracey is treating you today (yes, she's going to remember this in a few years when it's your turn to reciprocate you know), and Happy Birthday!

Lots of love,
Danielle & Clint Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment