Well....It doesn't seem like that long ago that you were a knock kneed, buck toothed, big eared, skinny white legged kid with a leather port, getting on the school bus with me. I was no different, except for the leather port, and I was not so skinny!
We didn't see much of each other during the boarding school years - but I did run into you ocasionally at the Biloela Drive-In, when you were going out with some little chick from Brisbane!
We have shared a hell of a lot of experiences since then....
Breaking land speed records on the way home from Richard Simmon's wedding in Sydney. Having our own wheel overtake us on the road on the way home from Cracow......and the ensuing consequenses.
Being half cut motoring around the Logan River looking for a crab pot, only to discover that the rope attached to the pot was also attached to the motor on the boat!!.
Misplacing a 1/4 Million dollar house boat on the Gold Coast broadwater, AND almost being sunk by the water police in the same house boat.....along with the joys of perving on the 'calendar Cat!'
We won't even go into the Bali trip.....when you discovered it apparently IS a good thing to get folgged with a hair brush!??
Not to mention marrying sisters, which has ceratinly created some VERY interesting situations over the past 25 odd years - most of them good.
Some other interesting things stuck in our memories.
- Bumming smokes when your mother didn't think you did such a thing.
- Diet Coke will make you crook
- You are an arsehole "are I"
- Planes to Bali run out of beer
- Chook hats
- Woodgate sickness
- Cocky eradication (shotgun style - not via chemical sprays)
- funerals in the pouring rain
- Swimming Black Gully to get to Theodore for 'supplies'
- PINTO dinners and weekends
We will stop now for fear of self incrimination!
And finally we have learned that your are very quick, and always ready to but shit on someone, but when the shit hits the fan, your are always the first one to help dig a mate out of the shit.
Have a wonderful 50th and celebrate in style.
Love from Deb and Mike.
And a little PS from Deb.
"What the f#*k are you donig here?" I don't think I have ever visited your home when I haven't been greeted with this statement. I have long considered that has been your way of saying "Hi there, it's good to see you" I'm not sure if you agree...but if it's all the same to you that's what I will continue to think, and all the while you can think what you like!



No comments:
Post a Comment