Friday, December 10, 2010

Wishing you a wonderful birthday dear Mr Hewitt!

Happy "fifty friggin' fifty" Alan...

although, instead of a somewhat ageing older man, I usually still think of you as the roudy young teenager travelling to and from school on the Gibber Gunya bus, or more recently of the prangster hubbie who teases the hell out of his wife (and her friends - but we all know you love us)!

Funny, I never think of you as "Buck".

Thankyou Alan Hewitt for being the very special and valued friend that you have been to me, and to my beautiful Jami Leigh, and then later to my Norm. I have the highest regard for you on so many levels. (Ooo, I am even tearing up a bit as I think things through.) You are one of the most loyal people I know.

I wish I could say something really witty and funny, as you are always such a clever larrikin, but that's not ususally my style - God didn't bless me with such skills. (I am very jealous of your sense of humour and your crazy wit!) I know you are very proud of your beautiful Tracey and your very capable young sons, your dogs and horses, your industry and, your property and your community. Congratualtions for all that you, together with your family, have achieved.

Norm and I want to join all the others in wishing you a very special birthday. Enjoy the fifties!!! I wish I could see your reaction as you read all your messages. (I admit to sneeking a peek at some people's posted comments just before - there are some great picks reminding us of a younger Alan ("Buck"...how did you get that nick name anyway?). Remember Alan Hewitt, you are a very special person, someone to admire, and someone who is loved by many. Happy Birthday.

love from Ralda and Norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment